Monday, March 19, 2012

poison ivy recap

So, as I have mentioned, I have pretty extensive poison ivy.  How does one get poison ivy all over their entire body?  Did I roll it into a joint and smoke it?

It started off as the first really nice day in Spring.  I was planning on making a post about how we did yard-work, but really Jake did most of it.  There was a huge weed growing through the back of our fence and warping it.

Jake said we should take it down since it was causing damage to the fence.

I was all like:


Isn't that our landlord's problem?

And then Jake was all like:

I really think we should take care of it!! I'm an overachiever!! 

So, at first Jake tore into it and I monitored from a safe distance.



But it quickly became apparent it was a huge job! So I jumped in to help. And as we were yanking and cutting the weed down with our bare hands, and it was raining down onto our faces and probably into our noses and mouths, we kept remarking what a strange looking plant it was. 


After that, we apparently touched every square inch of our bodies before washing off. Two weeks later and I still look like this:

I don't feel like this pic does my injury justice, so I've highlighted a few areas for your attention.

One good thing to come of this is I have to be sure to take my medicine with food.


Please let me be a cautionary tale. Learn from my mistake. Don't listen to your husband and don't do yard-work.



1 comment: