Friday, April 13, 2012

04.13.12

Today is Friday the 13th. One month ago today my mom died. Today is also my birthday. 


I feel like all these things combined should make for one crappy day. But it's NOT crappy! It's surprisingly good and cozy. 


Here are a few reasons why today doesn't suck:


1. We've had a really good week so far. First, we had a fun Easter. Jake and I hung out with my dad and made Easter baskets for my niece and nephew. I decided the best way to honor my mom would be to go all out like she would. (I'm pouring a 40oz out for her right now - 40oz of mod podge, that is.)


I made these cute bunny candy pouches from a tutorial on mermag's blog here. Of course, I'm lazier than she is, so I just drew on the eyes and mouths. I figure the kids just want to rip open their heads and eat their candy brains, not stare lovingly into their finely stitched eyes. 






We have delicious brains! 




Then, I crammed those bunnies into super cute baskets that I painstakingly personalized for the kiddos. 






What lucky little bastards. Don't kidnap them now that you know their names, OK?




I made these adorable mini lemon bundt cakes. They're better than your bundt cakes because they're mini. I'm sorry. 




I don't like big bundts and I cannot lie. 




I also made Rocco wear a bow-tie. 




Fancy!!




2. Then, we packed up the dogs and headed to Port Aransas for a couple of days. So, instead of working, we did this:


















                   










I gave him a few...additions. 




I'm an artist! Actually, I feel like I was way better at sculpting this than I should be...








Rocco is pissed because HE wanted to be the damn shark. 






Sunglasses AND lipstick?? Now, that's a vacation. 




3. Finally, last but certainly not least- my wonderful, brilliant, handsome husband gave me a iPad! This means blogging is SO much easier. I should have no excuse not to update, now. 


And now I can take pictures like this:












Thanks, baby. 




HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment